Monday, July 12, 2010

Brewster, Tanasket, Oroville and the Glanzers

After spending a wonderful evening with Rosa, Usua and Michele, we went up through Omak, and then stopped in Brewster so Mark could interview someone.  We met a couple who have volunteered to work up with the small branch of Twisp. I always stand in awe at so many who give their time to serve.  What a blessing they are to these small areas where the church has so few people.  Mark also interviewed a wonderful man who wanted to be baptized.  I smiled as I watched them filling the font with water.  They had many members of the church just waiting for a phone call so they could come over and witness his baptism....as soon as he was given approval after the interview.  He was so happy to be following Jesus Christ and taking the first step of the journey through being baptized.

After, we went on up to Tanasket and had a dinner in the Hansen's backyard, then gave a fireside there.  The members are amazing.  I am so impressed with these small towns we have been to.  They have educated, bright, and faithful members of the church who serve each other despite the distances of travel they experience.  We attended church with them in Oroville and spoke there.  It was a great day!  We stayed with the Glanzers.  She is the Relief Society president as well as the early morning seminary teacher.  Plus she is secretary to the superintendent in their school district.  Terone has been the bishop there and is a counselor at the school.  He has a very soft heart and was moved to tears so easily.  They are wonderful people and Janet is someone I would love to have living next door.  She is gracious and radiates a love for her Savior.  I am sure she inspires everyone to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment